Roll out the red carpet, ’cause I’ve been nominated for an award ya’ll! 😉
My sweet blogger friend, Amy, over at Longdrivejourney.com, nominated- yours truly- for the Leibster Award.
The Liebster Award is basically a way to recognize smaller blogs, and share in a little blog-to-blog love. So fun, right?! I was super excited when I saw my blog’s name on Amy’s list, and couldn’t wait to share the news with you guys.
Here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself (see below)
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you (see below)
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random facts about me:
My favorite number just happens to be 11. 😉
I’m a cereal magazine collector. I rack up points through our local trash recycling program, which offers things like free magazines and e-coupons. I haven’t paid for a magazine in over 7 years. And I have tons.
I think Bridesmaids, Office Space, and The Jerk are three of the funniest movies ever made.
I’m a pretty decent cake decorator. It all started with a Spongebob cake on Colette’s first birthday, and escalated from there…
I have the most awesome grandparents ever! I don’t get to see them very often(they live in St. Louis), but when I do, they always bring a big smile to my face:)
I make cakes, but I don’t really like cake that much. I prefer cookies or candy. Or donuts. Or ice cream. I can keep going with this, but I’ll stop now.
I’ve never seen the movie Scarface. There, I said it.
I am not a musical person, however, I once taught myself to play 1/4 of ‘Clair de lune’ on the piano using video tutorials online. I wasn’t great, but at least I learned to play a part of such a beautiful song. My kids however, both take piano, and Colette takes violin as well. At least my kids will be musical!
I am the middle of 3 girls(and the tallest- ha!), and I am closer now to my sisters than ever before 🙂
I love veggies, but have a hard time fitting fruit into my diet. I’m working on it.
I have been married to the best guy for 14 years! (Although, it sure doesn’t feel like 14 years!)
Here are the answers to Amy’s questions:
1. If you could choose any profession in the world and make enough money from doing it, what would you choose?
I would act. I know it sounds crazy, especially being the shy person I am, but there is something to be said for jumping on stage and becoming another person. I loved theater in middle/high school, and I still miss it!
2. Would you rather run, travel, or eat?
Travel. I want to explore the world!
3. Who is the most influential person in your life (real, living, or otherwise)?
My dad. He had such a kind heart and loved his family more than anything. It’s been almost a year since my family lost him, and he left such a big impression on our hearts.
4. What is the the best thing about yourself?
Oh geez, that’s a hard one… I guess my sense of humor. I like to keep Dennis and the girls laughing, and I think I can do some pretty entertaining impressions.
5. Where are you from, and do you feel like you identify with that place, or were you happy to leave?
Born and raised in Houston, TX (although I spent one year in Florida while Dennis served in the Navy). I love Houston, and felt like a total fish out of water in Florida. However, I wouldn’t mind exploring some more..
6. White gold or yellow gold?
My wedding band is white gold which I love, but I’m finally venturing into wearing yellow- and I kinda like it!
7. What is your favorite flavor of froyo (or tell me your favorite candy if you are lactose intolerant)?
cake batter! no question!
8. What is your favorite city in the world?
I would love, love, love to visit Paris. I’m a hopeless romantic.
9. Have you ever (or would you ever) run a marathon?
Never a marathon, but I’m working on a 5K!
10. What is the best part about blogging?
Making awesome friends!
11. What is one thing that you are grateful for?
It’s actually two- my girls. I love them more than anything.
Here are the blogs I’d like to nominate:
And here are their questions:
- Sweet or savory?
- If you could have dinner with the person of your choosing, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Favorite movie(s)?
- Are you a veggie person, or fruit person?
- Where have you traveled?
- Where would you like to go?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is your least favorite thing you have to do on a daily basis?
- Favorite healthy dish?
- Cat or dog?
- Write a 2,000 word essay explaining the reason you think thermonuclear science trends are on the rise. Just kidding, I don’t even know what thermonuclear science trends are(does that even exist?).. haha.
Alright peeps, now it’s your turn to share the love. If you don’t feel like going through the whole sha-blam above, you have the option of doing the Lazy Liebster (aka choosing five questions out of the eleven above and answering those). Or, if you’d prefer not to participate, you don’t have to!
Thanks again to Amy for the award!
Happy Friday! TGIF!!